WHAT WE DO
Andrew Southern Consulting (ASC) is a technology consulting firm located in Greenwich Village, New York City. We work as an architect for technology. We design and manage audio/video/automation systems, wiring infrastructure, energy monitoring systems and network solutions for homes, offices and construction projects. Our goal is to serve as a representative for our clients so they get the most out of their technology budgets.
WORKING WITH ASC
We offer a full range of audio/visual/automation consulting services. Fundamentally, we create the plan and ensure all vendors deliver on the main design intent for any given system.
- Needs Analysis – choose which technologies are right for the project, create an overall narrative
- Documentation – create all scope of work & engineering documents, suitable for vendors to bid
- Vendor Selection – submit the documentation to suitable vendors, analyze pricing and support rates
- Management – manage the project vendors, hold meetings, and maintain schedules
- Green Services – allow for controlling of environmental elements to reduce energy consumption
- Ongoing Service – monitoring, remote diagnostics, and service and support after the install
ADVANTAGES OF WORKING WITH ASC
- Budget Control – central design documents mean vendors compete on price for your system
- Brand Neutral – impartial brand selection guarantees best-in-breed products for all systems
- Responsible – accessible, transparent and available are the tenets of a good consultant
- Experienced – expertise ensures you will be protected from being oversold or undersold
Solutions for Every Kind of Client
We work with home owners to design easy-to-use control systems, home theaters and computer systems. Lighting, temperature, motorized shades and televisions/speakers are all controlled from one remote control. Have a party. A single button press can lower the lights and turn on the music. Step out for a few hours. A button by the front door will turn off all the lights, televisions and speakers in the home automatically.
Technology in the workplace is all about productivity. As such, each system must be robust for everyday use and must be easy to operate for a wide variety of users. We’ve all been defeated at least once by administering a conference call. ASC designs conference rooms, training rooms and auditorium spaces with ease-of-use as top priority.
Hotel guest have a ton of choices of where to stay. They read reviews and compare amenities online. A modern hotel should offer guests a room that is unique and comfortable. Adding high-speed data, an entertainment package, automated lighting, HVAC and shade controls to each room is a great way to set apart from the crowd. These systems tie into the property management system so hotel staff can customize the environment for repeat customers.
Wiring infrastructure and building technology is often an afterthought — it shouldn’t be. A building that is wired will reap the benefits of networked systems now and in the future. Amenities such as virtual concierge, food delivery and dry cleaning can be accessed through a touchscreen in each apartment. An automated package included in the building offering can help set the product apart from the crowd and entice potential buyers.